1 kg/2.2 lbs Chicken breast fillets – cut each fillet to 4 big chunks
1 medium Lemon – squeeze out juice
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper
1/4 cup Vegetable oil, or as needed
- Marinade chicken in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cover and keep chilled for 30 minutes
- Place a skillet over medium to high heat. Brush pan with oil, about 1 tablespoon. Sear chicken, a few pieces at a time, until golden brown on the exterior but still raw inside (this method will keep chicken moist and will add more flavor to the stew).
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside in a bowl or plate. Repeat steps with remaining chicken and vegetable oil.
2 tablespoon vegetable oil for sautéing
1 cup Sliced white onion
Thumb-size Ginger, peeled and sliced
1 cup Store bought/bottled masala paste
Brown chicken pieces
1-14 oz. can Diced tomatoes
2 cups COCO DAILY ORGANIC COCONUT MILK
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 teaspoon Salt, or according to taste
1 to 2 Bird’s eye chili, chopped, as needed
- Place pot over medium heat. Add oil then saute onion and ginger. Add masala paste and cook until onions turn soft.
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes and pour over COCO DAILY ORGANIC COCONUT MILK. Quickly stir then place lid to allow boiling.
- Add fresh cilantro then turn heat to low. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until sauce is reduced to desired consistency. Adjust taste and spiciness with salt and more chili.
- Remove from heat and serve. Best paired with basmati, roti or naan and cucumber raita.